It is common for men to rock short mens hairstyles. This does not however mean that their hair does not require styling. Styling the hair perfectly is one of the good grooming skills to have especially for men. The good thing about styling men’s hair is that it is usually easy as it does not involve complex processes.
Despite the length of the hair, you can always style your hair at home without the need for a stylist. The following are some of the tips you may consider when styling mens hairstyles.
- Comb The Hair Appropriately
Combing the hair is very important as it helps to remove any tangles that might have formed on the hair. If your hair is naturally straight, a comb is the best for styling and partitioning the hair appropriately. If your hair is naturally wavy or curly, a wide-toothed comb works the best as it ensures that the hair volume and curly look are left intact.
Brushes can also be used in styling men’s hairstyles. Besides removing tangles, brushes can help to add to the volume of your hair, especially if the hair is straight. Combing the hair appropriately also helps to evenly distribute oil to the entire scalp. This help to keep the scalp moisturized preventing irritation.
- Blow-Dry The Hair
Blow drying the hair is very important, especially in removing excess moisture and removing tangles that were hard to remove using a comb. Blow drying the hair also helps to improve its texture. Once the hair is blow-dried, it becomes easy to style as it increases in length, and becomes soft and straight.
The following is the process to use in order to perfectly blow dry your hair;
- Moisturize the hair using oil or hair spray. This helps to protect the hair and scalp from damage caused by the heat. Ensure that your hair is damp before applying the heat protection products.
- Comb the hair. This ensures that the product used is evenly distributed on the hair and also helps to show in what way the hair should be blown.
- Begin to blow. Section small portions of the hair and blow them using the amount of dryer heat you are comfortable with. Always comb through after every blow to ensure that all tangles are removed.
- Blow the hair in the opposite direction for additional volume. If you want a large volume on your hair, you can try blowing the hair upside down. Blow drying against the hair grain also helps to increase the volume of your hair.
- Part The Hair
Parting the hair can be done following the natural grain or in any other way that you consider appropriate. If you want to part the hair while following the natural grain, comb your hair straightly towards the back of the head. While holding the hair tightly using your hand, gently slide it forward and observe the shape it takes. Repeat this process a few times and the hair will split itself naturally.
The natural way of parting your hair also helps to increase the volume of your hair. However, instead of letting the hair part itself naturally, you rub it in the opposite direction. You can then use heat tools to ensure that the volume made stays in position for long.
When creating your own partition, use a comb to cut straight the hair at the desired part. Use your fingers to separate large hair strands in order to achieve the desired hair amount. If you are partitioning the hair in the middle, use the center of the nose as a guide to split the hair at the center of the head.
Some mens hairstyles are so small in length that a comb or a blow drier cannot be used to part the hair. This does not however mean that you cannot part your hair. If you have a short haircut, you can use gel to part the hair and lay it down on the scalp.
Note that mens hairstyle styling procedures vary depending on the length of your hair.